You will find many roulette tips that focus on strategies. When it comes to roulette strategies, you won’t have trouble finding them. Some have been around since the beginning of everyone’s favourite table game, others have sprung up the last couple of decades, yet many have become available in the era of Internet when everyone can share their observations and strategy with the world with a simple click. I’ll comment on two of the most wide-spread ones and then give you an overview of the others. Alternatively, you could also read our full roulette strategy guide, in which you will find plenty of useful information.
It’s one of the most popular systems and you’ll see it quoted on practically every site that mentions roulette but does that mean it’s a good choice if you have plans to win? Unfortunately, my answer is negative. The Martingale system can be applied on even money bets and it suggests that you should double your bet after each loss. The idea behind that doubling is that by doing so you’ll eventually recover your losses. However, in reality you’ll need an impressive bankroll in order to use it properly and are very likely to end up bankrupt in a short period of time. Why then is it that popular? I guess because it’s been around for a long time, since the 18th century precisely.
“You cannot beat a roulette table unless you steal money from it.” Albert Einstein
Similarly to the Martingale, the Labouchere is a system developed in the 18th century and is applicable for even money bets at roulette. Actually, Henry Labouchere, the author of the strategy, was an avid gambler, roulette being the game dearest to his heart. How does it work? First, you decide how much you’d like to win. Then, you slice the winnings figure into many figures of different value. For example, if you’d like to win £10, you could slice that figure into 1 – 1 – 1 – 2 – 2 – 2 – 1. Then, you should bet the sum of the leftmost and rightmost figure, i.e. your first stake should be 2, the second – 3, and so on. The problem with this system is the same as with the previous one – you’ll need a lot of money to follow the rules and a long losing streak will bankrupt you. However, you can compensate to a certain extent these flaws if you opt to play at online casinos that accept PayPal.
Speaking of roulette strategies, before you start looking for one, ask yourself what these could do for you. The more they cut down your potential loss, the less likely you will be to win a substantial sum of money. The bigger the expected payout, the bigger the potential loss. A common flaw with them all is assuming that there are patterns in the numbers that come up and the false belief that after a losing streak a winning one will follow. In fact, no one can guarantee you that after 10 or even 20 consecutive times of losing your money bet on red, because the ball has been falling on either black or zero, you’ll finally win. If you believe otherwise, have a look at the psychology behind the Gambler’s fallacy. There’s no such thing as predictability with a properly-working wheel and they are all working properly – casinos make sure their equipment is checked regularly. Still, if you want to learn more about the topic, please read our full roulette wheel guide.
Roulette Cheating Devices
People who search the internet for tips for playing roulette may have come across cheating devices. You’ve probably seen many ads and even some news articles about special gadgets that tell you on which numbers to bet. They are supposedly not illegal but made conveniently small, so you can easily hide them in your shoe or sew them to your clothing. They transmit the winning number(s) via a wireless invisible earpiece or vibrate them to you discretely. The price? Well, it’s all supply and demand, so different inventors offer these priceless roulette cheating devices to you at different prices.
But before you reach for your wallet, think about the odds of being able to make a fortune with the help of one of those. Even if they are not illegal, casinos will make sure they restrict your play one way or another if you start winning too frequently. Moreover, the definition of what’s cheating is updated constantly and you will hardly be able to keep up. Finally, despite their steep price, the predicted numbers aren’t exactly science, so you’re bound to lose a lot – hence you’ll need a substantial sum to start playing with.
My Winning Roulette Tips
Roulette is a game of chance, with each outcome being independent of the previous one. That means there isn’t much you can do about improving your game. While we can’t speak of mastering a strategy as is the case with blackjack and card counting, there are certain steps you can take to make sure you have a better chance at winning and that you won’t be losing that much whenever you don’t win. Here’s my list of roulette winning tips I’ve come up with playing roulette through the years.
- Forget about American Roulette – With an extra double zero pocket, it has a house edge that’s twice as high, so do yourself a favour and only play European Roulette or better yet – French Roulette. The latter is even more beneficial to the player with its rules En Prison and La Partage.
- Don’t Bet more than What You’ve Decided Upon – From the start decide how much your betting unit will be and stick to it no matter if you win or lose. It’s a good idea to make that basic unit no more than 1% of your bankroll. If you want to bet big, then you should play at high stakes roulette online operators.
- Pay Attention – As soon as you join a table, have a look at the hot and cold numbers and the history of winning numbers. That should give you some information as to where the ball may land next. Also, have a look at the strategies of successful players at the table.
- Try the Game out in Practice Mode – Not only are you not risking any money that way but you’re investing time into getting to know the game better. Moreover, you’ll practise and see how to increase or decrease a bet and see if you can place all the bets you’d like before the time runs out.
- Make Outside Bets – I know straight up bets look so tempting with their 35 to 1 payout but bet on them and you’re least likely to win. A reasonable decision would be to stick to the outside bets. Even money bets, such as black or red and odd or even, only pay 1 to 1 but you have almost 50% chance of picking the correct one.
- Choose a Reputable Casino – Although this one’s a no-brainer, you’d be surprised how many people don’t do it. The best roulette casinos will have a good variety of games, dedicated bonuses and good game weighting while also being a respected operator.
- Have Fun – Unfortunately, nobody can guarantee that you’ll make a fortune and forget all your troubles and many have headed for disaster adopting that mentality. So, stay clear of any unrealistic expectations, try out some of the best live roulette casino websites, and remember that it’s all supposed to be fun.
I hope you found this blog post interesting. Perhaps you now want to try out a roulette strategy? Or perhaps you have come to think that they are best avoided? Maybe you have found some other roulette tips that you are keen to put into practice? Either way, before you leave, why not have a glance through the following FAQ section? You will find even more useful details about roulette strategies and tips. Plus, our team can show you which are the top-rated roulette apps around for 2021 too! And if you prefer to play only on iOS devices, then visit our dedicated article and find the best roulette games for iPad apps.