What Is a Food Roulette?
Well, there is not much to add here – just imagine a roulette wheel with food on it. That idea kind of popped up out of nowhere. We think that a group of friends were trying to figure out what to eat and one of them had the brilliant idea to create the food roulette. That’s just our speculation. Overall, this game was created with this intention – for people to figure out what to eat if there are a lot of options.
How To Play Food Roulette?
It’s not such a difficult game to figure out. The fun part of playing food roulette is that it is not mandatory to have a roulette wheel. You can use whatever you have at home or on your phone to play. We have a few ideas we would like to share with you:
- Roulette Wheel – If you have one, why not! Put on notes with different dishes you would like to try and get ready to spin. You could try with actual food, but please disinfect the wheel first!
- Lazy Susan – To be more accurate, you can use a Lazy Susan, put on small samples of the food you’ll be choosing from, and get started!
- Dice – We told you, it’s not mandatory to have an actual roulette to pick food. Write down the food options, attach them to the dice and roll.
- Mobile App – We are probably going to mention them again later, but we had to include them in this list as well. There are a lot of cool apps that are here to help you decide what you want to eat.
- Hat and Notes – Ah, yes, the old hat and notes trick. You know the drill – write notes with the food of choice, put the notes in the hat and randomly select one without looking.
- The Food Itself – We will talk more about this later. For now, all we can say is that you can have one specific dish of choice which you can make a little bit more exciting.
Of course, if all else fails, you could always choose two cuisine options and flip a coin. Less fuss, an efficient and quick way to decide! We hope we managed to give you a few new ideas for your next night out or party at home.
Where Can You Play Food Roulette?
You can play food roulette pretty much everywhere you please – at home, on the go, at a restaurant or bar. There are no limits when it comes to food. At least for us! We often play food roulette when we can’t pick what we want for lunch. In our opinion, it is the best to DIY it at home. When you have friends over, and everyone wants a different dish this is the best way to pick what to eat. Plus, it would be extra fun to prepare the food roulette itself. Of course, as mentioned in the beginning of the paragraph, you could also play food roulette at a restaurant or a bar. Some owners have decided that it would be fun to ‘spice’ things up. You could either order a food roulette with different small bites or you can order one dish that has that one bite that will be with a different flavor. Most times, it’s spicy. A good example is a dish of cream cheese-stuffed peppers – all look the same, until you bite into that one spicy pepper… Trust us, we know. We did that once to one of our colleagues – he was crying and laughing at the same time! So, yes – you can play food roulette everywhere!
Can You Play Food Roulette Online?
We knew that it would be a question you would ask. Of course, you can! You can play on desktop via browser or on your phone. There are lots of web-based and downloadable apps that you can try. We found two very popular sites we recommend you check out – Wheeldecide.com and Foodacuiusly.com. If you’re a person that is more ‘on the go’ you could easily enter the sites via mobile browser or you could check out some apps that will help you pick a restaurant nearby when you’re wondering what you would like to eat. Fellow online gambler, are you ready to spin the online wheel?
Why Play Food Roulette?
There are a lot of reasons you should try playing food roulette at least once. It’s a game of chance that will test your taste buds and won’t dig deep into your wallet like the original game. Here are some of the benefits of playing food roulette:
- It’s fun! – It’s just a new game that your friends and family could try whether they want to try a different cuisine or they cannot decide what to have for dinner.
- Helps picky eaters try new things! – People have their favourite foods and rarely try something new. This is a great way to explore variations of dishes you’ve never tried before and, who knows, you might find your new favourite food!
- Overcoming your fear of specific foods – Similarly to picky eaters, some people just don’t like the idea of trying escargot (snails) or sushi. Why not try playing the game and give these strange foods a go?
The list can go on and on! Overall, food roulette is a fun group activity that might surprise you in the best way possible.
Popular Food Roulettes
Okay, not all food roulettes are that good. In fact, there are some that are perfect for you to prank someone. We have a small list of the most popular food roulette variations, both bad and good. Would you like to try them? Check them out:
- Doritos Roulette
- Bean Boozled
- Harry Potter Bertie Bott’s Every Flavour Beans
- Domino’s Halloween Roulette
Be careful with the beans’ roulette! Some flavours are really nasty! Have we missed any other popular food roulettes? Let us know on our social media handles! And don’t worry – we’re planning on a separate article for Drink Roulette. If all that talk about roulettes increased your appetite for some real deal action, don’t miss out on the top-rated live roulette online casinos!
A Delicious Goodbye
Did you like our article? We hope you do! We’re planning on including more food and drink related blog posts to make it more interesting for you. If you want to check out any of our other gambling-related content, head to our main page. If you would like to learn more about different roulette variations and where you could play them, head to our dedicated roulette article. There, you will find more information about the game and all the best casino sites that offer it. Until next time!