Since the Alderney Gambling Commission’s role is vital in our industry and it is one of the primary governing bodies that we rely on for the regulation of online casinos, we will now give you an overview of the main features of AGCC.
We’ll start with a short history and definition of what AGCC is. We’ll then go through its activities and responsibilities. We’ll also mention some notable casinos that have an AGCC licence. Finally, we’ll let you know how you can contact AGCC and what it can do to help you.
AGCC – What Is It?
Established in 2000, Alderney Gambling Control Commission (AGCC) is an independent governing body that regulates iGaming operators on behalf of the States of Alderney. Together with the UK Gambling Commission and the Malta Gaming Agency, it ensures that an operator offers players the chance to play at a safe online casino.
- Name: Alderney Gambling Control Commission
- Website: www.gamblingcontrol.org
- Address: St Anne’s House, Queen Elizabeth II Street, Alderney, Channel Islands, GY9 3TB
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: +44 (0)1481 825500
Alderney Gambling Control Commission – What It Does
AGCC is authorised to issue licences and certificates. There are two types of electronic gambling licences. The first has to do with player registration and verification, contracts and funds. The second one has to do with the management of gambling platforms. These two types are intricately connected.
Alderney Gaming Control Commission has set a clear goal. Its main objective is to defend and improve its name as a first-tier regulatory jurisdiction. It works towards that goal by ensuring the following:
- All gambling is conducted honestly and fairly.
- Online gambling, including its management, operation, and funding, is free from criminal influence.
- Strict regulation and monitoring protect the young and vulnerable people.
Moreover, AGCC takes up compliance testing of licensees. To perform regular technical checks, AGCC Alderney works closely with certified testing laboratories, or test houses, around the world. Finally, AGCC provides players and operators with transparency. On the website, you can find the names of the licensees but also the names of the applicants.
Alderney Gambling Control Commission Casinos
Since the Alderney Gambling Control Commission (AGCC) is a key issuer of certificates and licences in the online gaming industry, you will often come across its name when looking for the best gambling sites in the UK. Here are some of the top online casino operators that proudly display the logo of AGCC on their websites as proof they have a valid licence from the Commission.
|🎰 Casino||📑 Regulatory Bodies|
|Grosvenor Casino||AGCC, UKGC|
|WinStar Casino||UKGC, AGCC|
|BGT Casino||AGCC, UKGC|
|Matchbook Casino||UKGC, AGCC|
|Win British Casino||AGCC, UKGC|
Why Play at an AGCC Casino?
But why should you choose one of the Alderney Gambling Control Commission casinos? There are many reasons. First of all, you should never even consider playing at unregulated casinos. AGCC is one of the best in regulating online gaming sites and promoting responsible gambling. That gives players a lot of advantages. The Alderney logo on the casino website guarantees:
- Player Protection: Operators are required to comply with the data protection Act and handle sensitive information properly. Also, those that are vulnerable and the young are paid special attention. Finally, player funds are kept separate from casino funds, thus preserving player money no matter what.
- Fair Gaming: Online casinos undergo routine equipment checks by licensed technical laboratories that work with the Alderney Commission. The regular technical supervision and testing aim to ensure all games are fair and that the Random Number Generator (RNG) is indeed random.
- Operator Accountability: If there were no accountability, online casinos would do whatever they please, and players would suffer losses. However, Alderney Gambling Control Commission casinos stand by their word. Should an operator stray from the act of conduct, any player could get in touch with AGCC – contact them or file a complaint.
Apart from the AGCC transparency that we’ve mentioned, the Alderney Gambling Commission is easy to reach by phone, fax, email, web form, or mail. Choose your preferred method of communication to request more information about the activities of the organisation or to file a complaint.
Indeed, since one of the goals of the Alderney Gambling Commission is to ensure that players are treated fairly and gaming is conducted honestly, you could rely on the help of the governing body. Contact Alderney – file a complaint – with regards to any case in which you believe a licensee, that is an online casino, has breached any of the provisions, as stipulated by AGCC.
FAQ About Alderney Gambling Commission
We have tried to present the Alderney Gambling Control Commission (AGCC) the best way possible without getting into too much detail. We’ve explained what AGCC is and what it does. We’ve also made clear how the Alderney Commission could help you in your communication with online casinos. Finally, we have given you the names of top AGCC casinos. We’ll now answer the top questions players have about AGCC.